Once we got our hands on the bike and took off all the plastic, we discovered how much work needed to be done.
Despite the evident engine placement and design issues, we had to rework a completely new frame, build a new tank and change its position as well. When we were trying to decide on the style, we realised we only really had one option – BOBBER. The main reason for this was the limitations we had in terms of the rear axe, engine, rear tire and swing-arm on the NMAX. On an NMAX, everything is built together as one single block, so there was no chance for us to even try and modify these elements.
We designed a two-seater concept, meaning the bike was still as comfortable as a scooter, but it now had a real motorcycle look to it. Once we had finished the design, installed the new parts and components, we tested the bike. We found out that the performance was not running at its optimal capacity. The new position of the tank and injectors were causing the bike some trouble. The bike was running smooth and handling beautifully until at 60km/h when the petrol supply was cutting off. We figured out that the CDI was programmed to deliver petrol supply based on the old placement of the tank and injectors. We installed a new RACING CDI on the bike, re-programmed the supply levels and voila… we had a perfect response! The motorcycle had finally come together, and now it even had a higher top speed and torque. The job was finished successfully!
THE FINAL RESULT
After publishing this bikes transformation on social media, the response was spectacular. It has been one of our most commented on and engaging motorcycles so far. We love the result of this project. We think it is a perfect combination of motorcycle look and performance, but with the comfort and driving dynamics of a scooter. It’s the first and only 100% custom scooter in Bali and we are really proud of the result.
What do you think? Take a look and let us know @malamadremotorcycles on Instagram.
New Custom Frame, sub-frame
New Custom Tank & Frame
New paint Frame & Tank
Reposition of Footsteps
YSS 32rear shocks
Tires AVON 3.00 x 17””Front
Tires Pirelli 4.00 x 14”Rear
New 17” & 14” Rims
Yamaha Scorpio Fork
Custom Exhaust repositioning & wrapping
Customization of Oil Box & Battery Cover’s in Aluminium
Custom LED Stop lamp & Xenon Custom Front lamp
HOW CAN I GET A MALAMADRE ?
Customising a motorcycle is creating art, and we take great pride in being the artists of your visions.
Your motorcycle created by us will be unique and no one in the world will have one the same. All our motorcycles are tailor-made and based on our individual but recognizable MM style, the price is in many cases higher than a new motorcycle of origin. The waiting time from us receiving or purchasing the donor motorcycle, to having it ready to ride, is at an average of 2 months. Of course, this time frame will vary depending on your vision.
We feel the most passion for motorcycles with soul and unique character. Most of our builds are influenced and inspired by the classic and vintage style of motorcycles. The MM style is well renowned for bringing not only custom motorcycles but unique looks, quality, reliability and dynamics to the motorcycle scene too.
If you are interested in building a custom motorcycle with us you can send us this form, or visit our headquarters in Canggu, Bali. All projects are discussed fully to ensure we understand your concept and can begin building your dream custom motorcycle. The project is then agreed on between both parties.
Once the deal is closed a 60% payment upfront must be paid. The remaining 40% must be paid at delivery,
If you want a drawing or photoshop of your project the cost will be 500 US$, and if a final agreement is signed it will be discounted from the final price.
Since we opened, we have worked mainly with Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki motorcycles from 125cc all the way up to 1300cc. We have also worked with Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, KTM and many more brands.
Our prices (including donor motorcycles) are on average around 5000 US$. These are general prices and based on our recent experience. Since every motorcycle is unique and personalised, this price is just approximate and will depend on labour hours and parts used. If you are wanting to build a bike with us, but you’re not based in Bali, the transport oscillates between 1.000 US$ to 2.000$.
In order to acquire one of our bikes there are several different options:
- You can deliver a donor motorcycle to us to start a project.
- We can source a donor motorcycle for you and start a project.
- You can acquire one of our stock builds.
- You can jump on an ongoing project.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.